We’re very serious about looking after the information we get from you and dealing with it responsibly. This policy explains how we do that.
How have we acquired information about you?
In most cases, it will be because you have ordered from us at some point. However, in addition, there are some people who have entered competitions we’ve run, or who have signed up: either on the website, or in person at an event.
We used to add customers to our mailing list, feeling that it was legitimate to assume they would be interested in hearing from us. Now, however, customers placing an order have to positively agree to being on that list in order for us to be able to add their name.
In addition, there are some businesses whose details we have made a note of, because we felt they might be interested in what we do. These are mainly wedding caterers, planners and venues.
What information do we collect?
In most cases, this will be just what you’ve told us in the process of placing an order: name, address, phone number and email address - plus those of the recipient if applicable.
If we came to know about you because a) you signed up or b) you’re a business, then we’ll only have an email address and a business or contact name.
How do we store this information?
- Order details are stored in our own computer system in The Cheese Shed’s office. When order sheets are printed out, these are shredded after use.
- For card authorisation and payments we use SagePay, WorldPay and PayPal, three very reputable companies who take security very seriously. We do not have access to card numbers, account numbers etc.
- Our mailing list (names and email addresses only) is held by another company, Constant Contact. We send out the newsletters using their service. Recipients can easily (and permanently) remove themselves from this list by using the unsubscribe button on the newsletter.
For online orders, we do not receive your card details, account numbers or card numbers. If you have made payment over the phone, these details will not be written down and we will have no record of them after the transaction has gone through.
What do we do with your details?
We only use your information for the purposes of fulfilling orders you’ve made, and/or to let you know about our products and services (if you’re on the mailing list).
In the course of our business, as mentioned above, we use third party companies in order to process payments and to send our newsletters.
If The Cheese Shed, as a business, was sold, the data we hold about customers would form one of the assets of the business and would be transferred to the new owner.
Otherwise, however, we will not give your details to anyone else.
What you can ask of us
- If you would like to know what information we have about you, get in touch.
- If you want to be removed from our email marketing list you can do this at any time by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ button on the bottom of one of our email newsletters or by emailing us.